Donor families are encouraged to create quilt squares that represent their loved one. These do not have to be professionally done. This square can be as minimal or decorated as desired. When preparing your quilt square, please use the following guidelines:
- Use a 13-inch square of fabric (Contact a Family Resource Specialist if you would like HonorBridge to supply this to you).
- Leave a 2-inch border around the square without design or pattern so that the panel can be attached to other squares. The finished area should be 9-inches x 9-inches.
- Some ideas for quilts include a depiction of a favorite hobby, a religious symbol, or an occupation. Families often include iron-on photographs, artwork, quotes, poems, or pieces of favorite materials such as baby blankets. Applique, embroidery and cross-stitch work best but you can also use paint or markers. Do not glue or tape anything to the fabric or use items that may fall off.
- You may include your loved one’s name and dates of birth and death.
- Your quilt square must be submitted with the quilt square release form.
- When complete, please mail your quilt square along with a release form to:
Attention: Family Resource Program
7000 Millhouse Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
If you would prefer to submit the release electronically, please complete the webform below.